- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth (possibly more)
- 8 oz medium egg noodles, uncooked (*see notes)
- 1–2 tsp dried parsley
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Pour the cans of soup on top of the chicken breasts and roughly spread on top.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder and herbs de provence on top of the soup.
- Place the butter slices to the top, then pour in the chicken broth around the chicken.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours, or high heat for 2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred into chunks with two forks (do not remove any liquid from the pot.)
- Add the shredded chicken back to into the slow cooker along with the dry egg noodles and stir gently.
- Cover and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, until noodles are tender. If necessary, add additional chicken broth to thin out the mixture.
- Serve and top with dried parsley (optional)
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Most egg noodles come in 12 oz packages, you will only need about 3/4 of the package. Also, if you’d rather use the no-yolk noodles in place of egg noodles, that is fine.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours