This Barbocoa Beef is so delicious and versatile.
- 1 ⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 to 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce ((depending on how spicy you want it))
- 4 tsp. minced garlic cloves
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp.vegetable oil
- 3 ⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 5 lb. chuck roast
- Sour Cream
- To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (about 6-7 chunks).
- Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
- Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat. Pour in the chicken broth
- Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
- While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
- Category: Main Dishes