This slow cooker creamed corn is super easy and absolutely delicious! Sweet and tender corn simmers in a rich cream sauce to make the best creamed corn!
If you’re looking for a delicious new side dish, this slow cooker creamed corn is a must-try! It’s the perfect new side dish to try for Thanksgiving and might even become one of those have-to-have recipes at your Thanksgiving spread from now on.
This recipe comes together in a snap and your whole family is going to love it. With just a handful of ingredients and just two hours of cook time later and you’ll have a dish your family is sure to enjoy!
With just 6 simple ingredients – corn, sugar, salt, half & half, butter and salt (pepper for seasoning of course) – you won’t believe how quick and easily this dish comes together. Your slow cooker does all the work! This is unbelievably rich, creamy and perfectly sweet to complement the main dish.
SLOW COOKER CREAMED CORN INGREDIENTS:
Here is what you will need to make this slow cooker creamed corn:
- Corn – I prefer using frozen corn, but you can also use canned corn (drained).
- Sugar – adds a tiny bit of sweetness.
- Half & half – I love the extra richness this adds, but whole or 2% milk works great.
- Cream cheese – I use full fat, but low fat is fine. The cream cheese helps create the creaminess of this creamed corn.
- Butter – adds delicious flavor. I use salted, but unsalted will be fine.
- Salt and Pepper – adds flavor.
Three simple steps:
- Add the corn, salt and sugar to the slow cooker.
- Next add the butter, heavy cream, and cubed cream cheese.
- Stir, cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring at the one-hour mark. After it’s finished cooking, add the garnishes of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re serving it straight from your slow cooker, I suggest keeping it on warm. This dish will thicken slightly as it sits, so you can add a splash of milk if it starts to get too thick!
How to store any leftovers.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to reheat this you can do so in a skillet or pan over medium heat (stirring occasionally) or in the microwave until warmed through.
This is a good one!Print
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from this recipe.