This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is comfort food that will warm you from head to toe. Loaded with tender veggies, chicken, and pillowy gnocchi.♡
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cans (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 package (16-17 oz) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (I like to chop mine)
- 3 to 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped, optional
- Place the chicken, chopped onion, carrots, celery, minced garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large crockpot or slow cooker. Pour chicken broth on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the chicken directly in the slow cooker, or remove it to a cutting board to shred, then return it put to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water to make a slurry. Pour into the slow cooker, along with the evaporated milk and the gnocchi. Stir well to combine, then re-cover the crockpot and cook for another 35 to 45 minutes or until the soup has thickened and the gnocchi is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach and let it wilt for 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with crumbled cooked bacon for garnish if desired. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours