This slow cooker fiesta chicken will become an instant favorite! Chicken beans, corn, salsa and cream cheese make up the amazing sauce to serve over rice. It’s so delicious and incredibly easy!
I made this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken the other night and it got some serious rave reviews from my boys and husband. This is definitely one of my new favorite slow cooker meals. The flavor was amazing! I used half mild salsa and half habanero salsa and it was so good it had just a little bit of a kick, it was perfect.
I think it might be a new favorite of everyone’s at our house, Taylor may have even licked his plate clean. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. It makes a huge difference in how easy it mixes into the chicken mixture.Print
Chicken, black beans, corn, salsa and cream cheese. . . .the perfect combination for an amazing slow cooker meal!
- 3 large chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (or can use canned, I prefer frozen)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (room temp)
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, if desired.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.Add the beans, corn, salsa, cumin, chili powder and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken using two forks. Then, add the cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 30 more minutes or until softened.
- Stir together and serve over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serves: 4-6
I took my cream cheese out of the fridge and let it sit on my counter while the chicken cooked. When it was time to add it, it melted quickly, and easily into the chicken mixture. Don’t try and add in a cold block of cream cheese because it will be lumpy and take longer to melt.
Recipe Source: Adapted Slightly from Eat Cake for Dinner
I linked up at Buns in My Oven