I am all about simple when it comes to dinner, so when my sister called me the other day and told me about this recipe, I was all over it! Recipes don’t come simpler than this my friends. Three ingredients and a slow cooker is all you need. These Slow Cooker Flank Steak Tacos are one of the best things to ever come out of my slow cooker. They rank right up there with these carnitas which are an all-time favorite around here. These are the perfect thing to make for Cinco de Mayo!
The flavor of these is just crazy good and you can pretty much put any toppings on that you’d like. We also drizzled ours with my homemade Cafe Rio dressing because we put that on just about everything. I think fresh diced pineapple would be amazing on these. Unfortunately I didn’t have one, but I will definitely make sure I do next time I make these, which probably will be sooner than later because we couldn’t get enough of them.
The meat is so tender and so good. I caught my husband just eating the meat out of the slow cooker after he’d already eaten three tacos. Dinners like this are what I live for. . .simple, no crazy ingredients, absolutely delicious and loved by even my pickiest eaters. You will love these!
- 1 flank steak ((about 2 lbs))
- 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce ((use your favorite brand))
- Juice of 3 limes
- Corn or flour tortillas
- sliced red cabbage
- avocado or guacamole
- Place flank steak in a slow cooker.
- Pour teriyaki sauce and the lime juice over the steak.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove steak and shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker and stir covering the steak in the juice.
- Serve on tortillas and garnish with desired toppings.