This Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken is a super flavorful, healthy version of a take-out classic! It is one of the easiest meals you’ll make and will become an instant favorite.
- 4 boneless, skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil vegetable*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Spread chicken into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir honey, soy sauce, ketchup, onion, oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cornstarch together in a bowl. Pour over the chicken and give a few stirs to coat all the pieces of chicken. Cook on Low until the chicken is tender 2 to 4 hours (or until chicken is cooked and tender)
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken and sauce mixture and serve over cooked rice.
The sesame oil is my favorite to use in this because of the flavor, but if you don’t have any feel free to use canola or vegetable oil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main Course