These Slow Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Sandwiches are so good it’s ridiculous! You won’t be able to stop eating them. You’ll want to make these over and over.
Although now that I think about it, it may be a bit of a stretch to claim these sandwiches as healthy.
But I look at it this way, you’ve got chicken and cheese, both full of protein and there is no sugar on the ingredient list. So I’m going to claim these on the” healthy side” of things compared to what I’ve been posting the last 12 days.
Saying these sandwiches are good would be slightly misleading because they are way beyond just “good!”
They’re out of this world!
After we eat sandwiches, we all usually end up just eating the chicken filling straight out of the slow cooker. It’s soooo good and addicting.
These have been called “crack” sandwiches for a reason.
If you’re worried about these being too hot with 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeño in them, I promise they’re not. Just make sure you remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño before you chop it. If you want these with more of a kick you can leave that in or you just just add more chopped jalapeño.Every single time I make these, we crazy over them. It’s like we’d never eaten them before. Seriously, my boy’s are like a kid at Christmas time when I make these.Print
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño peppers ((leave out seeds and membrane to make it less hot))
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place in your slow cooker. Add onion powder, jalapeno peppers and cream cheese. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken with 2 forks in the crock pot. Add cooked bacon pieces and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and cheddar cheese on top and put lid back on and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns or rolls.
If you want this to have more kick or less kick, adjust the amount of jalapenos you use. I use the full 1/4 cup and I don’t think it’s too hot at all, and I am sometimes a whimp about foods having too much kick (lol!).
- Category: Main Course
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!
Recipe Source: Adapted from Aunt Bee’s Recipes