These Slow Cooker Jalapeño Chicken Sandwiches are so good it’s ridiculous! You won’t be able to stop eating them. You’ll want to make these over and over.
After 12 straight days of sugar, I felt like I’d better share something a little healthier today.
Although now that I think about it, it may be a bit of a stretch to claim these Slow Cooker Jalapeno Chicken Sandwiches as healthy.
But I look at it this way, you’ve got chicken and cheese, both full of protein and there is no sugar on the ingredient list. So I’m going to claim these on the” healthy side” of things compared to what I’ve been posting the last 12 days.
Saying these sandwiches are good would be slightly misleading because they are way beyond just “good!”
They’re out of this world!
After we eat sandwiches, we all usually end up just eating the chicken filling straight out of the slow cooker. It’s soooo good and addicting.
These have been called “crack” sandwiches by some people for a reason.
If you’re worried about these being too hot with 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeño in them, I promise they’re not. Just make sure you remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño before you chop it. If you want these with more of a kick you can leave that in or you just just add more chopped jalapeño.Every single time I make these, we crazy over them. It’s like we’d never eaten them before.
Seriously, my boy’s are like a kid at Christmas time when I make these.
You absolutely need to make these!Print
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Chicken Sandwiches
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño peppers (leave out seeds and membrane to make it less hot)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place in your slow cooker. Add onion powder, jalapeno peppers and cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken shreds easily.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks in the crock pot. Add cooked bacon pieces and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and cheddar cheese on top and put lid back on and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns or rolls.
- If you want this to have more kick or less kick, adjust the amount of jalapeños you use. I use the full 1/4 cup and I don’t think it’s too hot at all, and I am sometimes a wimp about foods having too much kick (lol!).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!
Recipe Source: Adapted from Aunt Bee’s Recipes
Wow Jodi, these were so delicious. I made them this weekend for a quick night dinner. I was going to an ornament/cookie swap and my husband and son were going to a game, so it was the perfect thing to slow cook until we needed it. We really loved them. I served them on soft potato hoagie rolls, yum. You are right, they are addicting, and the jalapeno was perfect. Thank you!
Hi Teresa! I’m so happy you loved these sandwiches. We seriously are hooked on them!I love how simple they are, anything I can make in my slow cooker is always a winner (well ok, I guess I’ve made some things that have been major disappointment- lol). Thanks for letting me know you loved these, I always love hearing from you.
So good and so simple. I made these with the two jalapenos but took out the membranes and seeds. Next time I will leave in the seeds from at least one so it has a little heat.
I quadrupled the recipe for my church’s white elephant Christmas party and barely had any ledtover! Yummy!
Yay! So glad these were a hit and what a great idea to have these for a party with so many people. . . easy peasy and delicious! Now I’m craving them and want to make them ASAP!