Slow Cooker Mango Peach Salsa Chicken Tostadas might be one of the tastiest dinners to ever come out of your slow cooker. Minimal prep work for a fantastically delicious dinner!
I think you probably know by now that I am game for any slow cooker recipe that requires little prep and just a handful of ingredients. These slow cooker mango peach salsa chicken tostadas fit that bill and bet you are going to love them as much as we do.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler and it tastes amazing. It’s one of those dump and go recipes . . . truly the best kind of slow cooker recipes to ever exist.
This list of ingredients is small and the end result is big flavor and a perfectly simple weeknight meal.
This chicken is super versatile. You don’t just have to use it for tostadas! Try using it for:
- over rice (coconut rice would be so good!)
Here’s how to make slow cooker mango peach salsa chicken:
Put your chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with the seasonings, followed by the brown sugar and salsa.
Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. Once your chicken is fully cooked, shred it and within minutes you have juicy, flavorful chicken that is going to make the most delicious tostadas ever.
Can I freeze this?
Absolutely! Once it’s cooled completely, put it in a ziploc freezer bag or freezer safe container. Be sure to label it with the date and what it is. It’s a great idea to double the recipe and freeze the leftovers.
A few of my tips:
- If you want to add a little heat, you could sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top of the chicken along with the other seasonings.
- I prefer cooking chicken on low in my slow cooker rather than on high. If you’re short on time, you can cook this on high, but I feel like it doesn’t turn out as tender and juicy.
- You can adjust the sweetness of this to your liking. I love this to be more slightly more on the sweet side, and so I usually add a little more brown sugar after it’s cooked and shredded.
- If you use frozen chicken breasts, there will definitely be more liquid after cooking, so I recommend removing some of it before adding the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker (see recipe directions). You will also most likely need to cook it longer than the 4 hours.
This recipe is a game changer when you need a delicious, simple, weeknight dinner. With only a handful of ingredients this slow cooker mango peach salsa chicken will be a go-to recipe.Print