- 1 roast (3-4 lb)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (yes, chicken, not mushroom!)
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh rosemary (this is a must!)
- Season the roast on all sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sear the roast on all sides.
- Transfer the roast to your crock pot.
- Sprinkle dry soup mix over the roast, and then pour the two cans of soup into the crock pot. Throw in the fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cook on high* 7-8 hours or until roast is tender and falls apart easily.
- Use the liquid to make gravy, if desired.
I know it seems like a long time to cook 7 to 8 hours on high in a slow cooker, but I think roasts are more tender and fall apart easier cooking them on high for that long. Every slow cooker is different though, so if you feel like cooking on high for 8 hours would burn your meat, then by all means, cook it on low. You know your slow cooker better than I do.
- Category: Main Dishes