These Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos are fantastic! All you need is four simple ingredients and a slow cooker and you’ve got yourself a delicious, simple dinner that everyone will love!
Dump and go slow cooker recipes are my favorite and I have fallen in love with these slow cooker queso chicken tacos. Talk about one the easiest meals ever. Your slow cooker does most the work and you get all the credit.
These tacos will take your Taco Tuesday to the next level! You may never want to eat any other kind of taco again.
This chicken is so good and can be used for so many things other than tacos. . . nachos, quesadilla, burritos, salads, enchiladas, etc. You can even serve this on rolls or over a bed of rice. Honestly it’s versatility is up the wazoo!
So many reasons to love these slow cooker queso chicken tacos:
- Only four ingredients.
- Fast and so simple to prepare and absolutely delicious!
- One of those “dump and go” slow cooker recipes.
- Tender, cheesey chicken with just the right amount of kick.
- Even your pickiest eaters will love these!
A FEW HELPFUL TIPS:
- Don’t overcook your chicken, because who wants dried out, tough chicken? Not me! Your chicken is ready when the internal temp reads 165 degrees. All slow cookers cook differently, so adjust the time if you need to, knowing how your slow cooker cooks.
- If you are worried about too much heat, use the mild Rotel, if you want more heat, use the hot Rotel (I use the original Rotel).
- Be sure and drain most of the liquid before stirring in the queso. If you skip this step, by the time you stir in the queso it will just be a soupy mess. You can reserve some of the liquid if you want and add some back in if you feel like you want your chicken mixture to be wetter. (*You may or may not have a lot of liquid at the end of the cooking time.)
- I have had great luck with store brand salsa queso. The Walmart brand is every bit as good as the Tostitos brand.
Just four simple ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- Rotel tomatoes
- Salsa con queso
If your family loves Mexican food as much as we do, these tacos are going to be a smashing hit! If you happen to have any leftovers, it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days. If you want to freeze this, be sure and let it cool and then put it in a Ziploc freezer bag. Freeze it for up to two months and thaw in the fridge overnight. Don’t forget to label the bag with the name and date.Print
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Real Housemoms