- 3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups salsa (use your favorite)
- Juice of half a lime (optional, but highly recommended)
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then pour the salsa over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 4-6 hours), or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Toss back into the slow cooker and mix with juices and salsa. Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the chicken.
- Use for tacos or burritos.
- If you want to make this a little bit of a sweet & spicy chicken, you can stir some brown sugar in after you’ve shredded the chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Chicken/Poultry