Dinner just got easier with these Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos. So flavorful and absolutely delicious. Top with your favorite toppings and you have a simple, fresh, fabulous meal.
Before we talk about these Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos, let me apologize if any of you have had troubles the last week or so getting onto my site. I’ve been having some issues but am in the process of switching host providers so things should be running smoothly in the next day or so. Thanks for being patient.
I’ve mentioned before how much we love tacos at our house, especially Parker. These Slow Cooker Shredded Beef tacos were a huge hit the other night at our house.
So many reasons to love them!
- The flavor is amazing!
- Tour slow cooker does all the work.
- Super versatile. . . the meat can be used for burritos, enchiladas, nachos, etc.,
I know some of you may see the instructions to brown the meat first and completely cringe, pleeease don’t! You can certainly skip this step, but it does give the meat another depth of flavor. I can brown/sauté in my slow cooker, so this is so simple for me. But if you really don’t want to dirty another pan, you can skip the browning, the meat will still be delicious!
Slow Cooker Simple Shredded Beef Tacos
- Total Time: 490 minutes
- 2.5 to 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Cheese (I love to crumble Cotija cheese over mine)
- Place roast in your slow cooker. Pour beef broth over roast.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika and garlic power, oregano, coriander, beef broth and chopped jalapeno. Stir until combined. Sprinkle spice mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours or until your meat shreds easily.
- Shred beef with two forks, removing any fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lime juice over and toss to coat with the juices.
- Use for tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. Serve with desired toppings.
- Every slow cooker cooks differently, so adjust time and high/low accordingly. When I cook any kind of meat I want to shred, I like to cook on high for the first 4 hours and then turn it to low for another 4 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 480 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
Sheri Freeman says
How would you do this in the Instapot? Would it work just as good?
Hi Sheri! Yes, you can certainly do this in an instant pot. I would just cut your roast into a three or four large pieces, brown them right in the instant pot and then follow the directions for the slow cooker by mixing the ingredients and pouring it over the meat. Put the lid on and cook on high pressure for probably 60 minutes. I would do a natural release and then shred the meat. Let me know if you give this a try.