This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole is a family favorite and will be yours too. Cheesy, comforting, delicious and simple to make. You’re going to love it!
Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
I’ve been excited to share this recipe with you today. I love this slow cooker spaghetti casserole. It’s totally easy peasy. I love meals like this that are pretty much no brainers and require little or no effort. It’s as simple as browning your ground beef, throwing it in the slow cooker along with some dry, broken spaghetti noodles and then topping it off with store-bought pasta sauce and a can of tomatoes. You will have to grate some cheese . . . hopefully you can handle that.
This stuff is so delicious. My husband said he likes it even better than regular spaghetti. I served it with a salad and some garlic bread . . .a perfect, simple, & delicious meal!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can dice fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef, salt and onion in a large skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly grease a 5-qt. slow cooker and spoon half of the meat mixture into bottom. Top with uncooked spaghetti noodles. Spoon remaining half of meat mixture over top.
- In a medium bowl, combine pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and Italian seasoning. Pour over meat, making sure all pieces of spaghetti noodles are covered.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove lid and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and continue cooking on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste, if needed.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Southern Living Slow Cooker Suppers Magazine