- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can dice fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef, salt and onion in a large skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly grease a 5-qt. slow cooker and spoon half of the meat mixture into bottom. Top with uncooked spaghetti noodles. Spoon remaining half of meat mixture over top.
- In a medium bowl, combine pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and Italian seasoning. Pour over meat, making sure all pieces of spaghetti noodles are covered.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove lid and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and continue cooking on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste, if needed.