This is my go-to spaghetti sauce. It’s so quick to throw together and absolutely delicious!
- 1 pound Italian sausage or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) (14.5 oz) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- In a large skillet cook sausage/beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or high about 2 hours. Discard bay leaves.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
This spaghetti sauce is one of our family favorites. While it’s delicious with hamburger, we love it best with Italian sausage. I usually use mild, but if you want a bit of a kick use hot Italian sausage.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Category: Pasta