Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is flavorful, delicious and so easy to throw together. Drenched in a thick sweet sauce and delicious served over rice. It’s minimal preparation but will taste like you slaved all day.
It’s no secret I love my slow cooker and I love it even more when I find a fantastic & delicious meal that can be made in my slow cooker. I’ve been needing a delicious Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe on my site and I finally got around to doing it. My boys love anything involving teriyaki sauce, including this chicken!
I think it’s pretty safe to say that teriyaki is a favorite for most adults and kids, and for good reason! The flavor is so good, it’s sweet and savory and isn’t too spicy (for those of us that are spice whimps like me), it pairs so well with any protein or vegetables, and is super easy to prep. What’s not to love?
I tried a recipe a while back and wasn’t super impressed and just never got around to tweaking and remaking it. It’s been so long, I couldn’t even remember what recipe I used, so I set out to try another one. Turned out delicious the first time I made it and I couldn’t be happier about it.
I highly suggest serving it over coconut rice, but regular rice works perfectly too.
Slow cookers make dinners so easy. This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken takes just a few simple steps to a fantastic meal.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce sesame oil, rice vinegar and pepper. Pour it over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- When the chicken is done, remove it and shred it. Cover it to keep warm.
- Strain the remaining liquid from the slow cooker into a pan and bring to a boil. Mix the cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Slowly add to the sauce and stir till thickened.
- Put the shredded chicken back into your slow cooker and pour the sauce over it, stirring until it’s well coated.
Serving and Storing Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken:
- Double the recipe: This chicken is so simple and versatile, you’ll love having some leftovers. It’s a good one to double and save half for later.
- Variations: I love how versatile this chicken is. Besides serving it over rice, try it over quinoa. Use it for sliders, pizza, salads, or sandwiches, etc. Roast or steam vegetables and use it for a stir fry or in a rice bowl.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Dinner at the Zoo