- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, optional
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce sesame oil, rice vinegar and pepper. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker through a strainer into a saucepan. Place the saucepan on the stove over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the water until dissolved. Pour the cornstarch into the pan and bring a boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded chicken and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Serve over rice (I highly suggest my coconut rice)