- 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 2 cans (15 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese,
- 3 – 4 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 (19 oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- Shredded Parmesan for garnish
- Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
- Add the sausage, tomatoes, chicken broth and cream cheese to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook, on low for 4 – 5 hours, stirring a few times while it’s cooking.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add tortellini and spinach. Serve with shredded Parmesan.
- A lot of the recipes I saw for this had you add the tortellini and spinach at the beginning. I did that the very first time I made this soup and thought the tortellini and spinach were way too mushy. Definitely make sure you add it just about 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve this soup. Unless of course you’re big on mushy tortellini.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soups/Chili