If cooking a huge turkey causes you major anxiety or completely terrifies you, then this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast will be your new BFF. It’s so simple to throw together, it’s juicy and unbelievably delicious.
- 1 turkey breast ((5–7 lbs, bone in))
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Lemon pepper
- 1 can ((15 oz) chicken broth)
- Rinse your turkey breast with water and pat dry with paper towel and place in your slow cooker.
- Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper.
- Pour can of chicken broth around the turkey breast.
- Put lid on and cook on high for 6 hours. If the lid won’t fit because of the size and shape of the turkey breast, cover your slow cooker tightly with tin foil, making sure it’s sealed all the way around. .
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before caring.
I have cooked a completely frozen turkey breast and it usually takes about an hour longer. I usually put the frozen turkey breast in the fridge a day before I’m going to cook it. If my turkey breast is partially thawed, I will cook it on high for 1 hour and then reduce the heat to low and cook for the remaining 5 hours.
All slow cookers are different, so if your slow cooker tends to cook on the hot side, you may want to check your turkey breast after about 5 hours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Chicken/Poultry