This recipe for Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies is so simple to make and crazy delicious. The perfect size batch to make when you’re feeling no self-control.
It’s a known fact that chocolate chip cookies are a huge weakness of mine. I love them like I love my own children. The problem is when I make them, I could eat the entire batch, which is not a good thing. Even if I tell myself I’m only going to eat one bite of dough and one cookie. . . yeah, that NEVER happens.
Because of my lack of self control, I usually send some over to neighbors and/or freeze them. But the problem with freezing them is I still eat them (I love frozen cookies🍪). That whole out of sight out of mind thing doesn’t work for me.
I decided a few weeks ago that a small batch of chocolate chip cookies might be the answer. You see, if there were only say, 8 or 10 freshly baked cookies, that would be sooo much better! I always make sure I leave some for my boys and husband, so I’d be less likely to eat way more than I should if there weren’t two or three dozen warm cookies staring me in the face.
This recipe is perfect because it makes 8 cookies (9 if you make them a little smaller) which means no three dozen cookies to binge on. So if you’re feeling no self-control, but want just a warm cookie or two, then this is the recipe for you. They are so simple to make and can be made using a hand mixer or just a wooden spoon.
P.S. I’m a little devastated right now because I went to four stores the day after Easter to stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs and not one store had any left. . . gasp! That has never ever happened. I’ve always found plenty left on the store shelves the day after Easter. I’m not sure how I can make it a year without them since I’ve depleted my stash. . . UGH!!!Print
I sometimes do all milk chocolate chips and other times half milk half mini semisweet chocolate chips. Do what ever you prefer. I’ve also made these with half milk chocolate chips and half mini M&M’s.
- 1/4 cup butter (, almost melted)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a medium bowl and microwave until almost completely melted (about 35 seconds). Add sugars and cream using a hand-held mixer (you can also do it by hand). Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 8 dough balls and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just barely begin to turn golden brown. Let sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker