These Simple Smoky BBQ Cups are a simple, delicious weekend night meal any time. Cheese biscuits filled with a smoky BBQ meat filling and topped with grated cheese.
These Simple Smoky BBQ Cups have become a favorite at our house.
There’s nothing fancy about them at all, which is probably why they’re always a huge hit. They’re simple and delicious.
Such a quick and easy meal to make. I usually one and a half or sometimes double the the recipe because it only makes 12 and my boys can’t get enough of them.
Talk about a quick, easy peasy, and absolutely delicious dinner.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE SMOKY BBQ CUPS . . .
Start by browning some ground beef in a skillet. Drain off any grease and then stir in your favorite hickory BBQ sauce. Set the meat mixture aside.
Next make the 3-ingredient biscuit dough and press it into your muffin tins. Fill the tins with a couple tablespoons of the meat mixture and throw then in the oven for a few minutes. Once they come out of the oven sprinkle a little more cheese on top and voila, dinner is ready.
I love to serve these with fresh corn on the cob in the summer and a green salad or some fruit. Dinners don’t get much easier.
You may need to add a little more milk to make the dough soft and pliable. If I add more, I add it 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1/2 tsp. onion power
- 1 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk*
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook until mixture just begins to bubble.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the milk until soft dough forms. Spoon about 2 tablespoons dough into each muffin cup. Press dough in bottom and up sides of each cup. Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each cup.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until top edges of cups are golden brown. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Bisquick to the Rescue Cookbook