You may need to add a little more milk to make the dough soft and pliable. If I add more, I add it 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1/2 tsp. onion power
- 1 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk*
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook until mixture just begins to bubble.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the milk until soft dough forms. Spoon about 2 tablespoons dough into each muffin cup. Press dough in bottom and up sides of each cup. Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each cup.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until top edges of cups are golden brown. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Category: Main Dishes