These S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect cookie for summer. Soft, gooey and insanely delicious. They are everything you love about campfire s’mores minus the smoky campfire.
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Many of you have been following me for awhile now and some of you haven’t. Even those that have been with me for years probably forget that I have so many archived recipes that really need to be brought back into the limelight again (and definitely need updated photos).
After making these S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies again a few weeks ago, I realized in about five seconds that these are most definitely worthy of having the chance to shine again. It’s been six years since I posted this recipe, so my apologies to anyone who has missed out on these beauties.
The dough is freaking delicious and sometimes it’s a struggle to not eat all the dough. But then I remember how amazing these cookies are eaten warm . . .gooey, melty and just ridiculously good!Loaded with graham cracker crumbs, big chocolate chips and little marshmallow bits, what’s not to love?
TIPS FOR MAKING S’MORES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- It’s important that you use Marshmallow Bits in these cookies. They are usually found by the hot chocolate mixes or regular marshmallows, just depends on the store. Don’t try using regular marshmallows in this recipe, they will become gooey, spread too much and make these cookies a bit of a mess.
- I love milk chocolate chips best in these cookies but you can use semi sweet if you prefer. I always use Guittard or Hershey’s Mini Kisses because they’re both bigger than regular chocolate chips and make these cookies even better.
- These cookies don’t flatten out a ton, so if you prefer a flatter cookie, then slightly press down each cookie with your palm before baking.
- Don’t over bake these cookies. You want them to look slightly underbaked when you take them out of the oven.
- The marshmallow bits are available at Target and Walmart. They come in a bottle and are just by the regular marshmallows or by the hot chocolate mixes.
Original post . . .
Life is good right now.
I got to talk to my son last night for before he left for Guatemala. He called when from the LA airport at 11:00 last night. I can’t even tell you what it did for me to hear his voice —I could hear how happy he is. It brought much-needed peace and reassurance to my heart. Now I’ll just hold onto that until he can call again at Christmas.
About this recipe . . . . gooey, yummy and delicious! When we go to my parent’s cabin, one of my boy’s favorite things to do is make s’mores. They love them! So when I saw the recipe for these s’mores chocolate chip cookies, it was a no-brainer —I had to make them.
They were deeeelicious, and the dough, um it was to die for. I think I ate more dough than I did cookies.
I think one of the key things in these cookies is to use a bigger milk chocolate chips, like Guittard or the Hershey’s mini kisses. Eat them warm, just after they’ve come out of the oven and you will be in s’mores heaven.
Recipe Source: adapted from Kevin and Amanda
Originally posted 09/12/12