Could someone please explain to me how it got to be September already, because I swear just last week we were dying Easter eggs. Holy moly this year is flying by. Before you know it it will be Christmas and then I’ll blink and we will be dying Easter eggs again. So before there is snow on the ground and I’m knee deep in holiday baking I’m enjoying every last second of summer. S’mores are the perfect summer treat. My boy’s love making them when we’re at my parent’s cabin.
These S’more Cookie Bars are so, so good. The great thing about them is that there is no campfire or roasting stick required so you can make them year round. Not that s’more aren’t good enough on their own, but then you add chocolate chip cookie dough . . . ummm, hello!
Place a heaping tablespoon of chocolate chip cookie dough on each graham cracker square.
Cook them for about 5-7 minutes and then take them out of the oven and plop a big ol’ hunk of chocolate on top. Throw them back in and in just a few minutes you will have a pan of amazing, gooey, chocolaty delicious s’mores bars.
These are seriously the bomb! I bet you can’t eat just one!Print
- 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp.) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (, packed)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Bits ((optional))
- 1 large ((6.5 oz) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar broker into pieces (or 3 regular-sized ))
- 15–16 whole graham crackers (, broken in half)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 11 x 17 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching).
- Place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. Press down slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes (or just until cookies begin to spread) then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
- Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. They will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.
Recipe Source: Adapated slightly from The Girl Who Ate Everything