- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening (I use butter-flavored Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon & Sugar Mixture:
- 2–3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (depending on how “cinnamony” you like it)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 container (7 oz) of marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat together the butter, shortening, and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll in the cinnamon and sugar to coat. Place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies immediately to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, flip over half of the cookies and pipe a generous amount of the marshmallow buttercream on the flat side. Place another cookie on top and gently press together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three or four days (if they last that long).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add marshmallow creme, whipping cream, vanilla and pinch of salt. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and mix on low until powdered sugar is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Turn mixer up and beat until smooth.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins