- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (I use butter-flavored Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon & Sugar Mixture:
- 2–3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (depending on how “cinnamony” you like it)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat together the butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and granulated sugar to coat the cookies. Roll the dough into golf ball-size balls and roll in the cinnamon and sugar to coat. Place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake the cookies until the edges are light golden brown and the centers are soft and puffy, about 9 to 11 minutes. The cookies will flatten slightly after they come out of the oven so don’t panic.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies