A smooth cheesecake filling loaded with Snickers and caramel bits on top of an Oreo crust. These Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Bars are pretty fabulous!
Occasionally when I sit down to write a blog post, my writing juices are actually flowing. Occasionally is the key word here because 99% of the time my mind is blank and I struggle with what to write. Writing is not my strong suit. Cooking and baking are. As I’m siting here writing this post, it’s again another one of those days when I got nothin’, zilch, nada . . . .sigh! So we’re just going to get straight to business here and talk about these Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Bars.
I’ve professed my love for cheesecake many, many times here on this blog and I’m going to do it again. . . so sorry.
I absolutely ♡ cheesecake. It’s the perfect dessert if you ask me.
I also happen to like Snickers, so cheesecake + Snickers equals utter deliciousness. These bars are simple to make. They start with a thick Oreo Crust then a creamy, simple cheesecake filling loaded with Snickers and caramel bits. Feel free to add more or less Snickers depending on your taste. Then they’re topped with chocolate chips but you could top them with more chopped Snickers if that makes you happier.If you’re feeling fancy, you could even drizzle chocolate over the top because there is no such thing as too much chocolate. Am I right?
The perfect cure for the winter blues is Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Bars, I promise. You should give them a try.Print
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (, melted)
- 16 oz cream cheese (, room temp)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 13 fun size or 3 full-size Snickers bars (, chopped)
- 1/3 cup caramel bits
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- Add the Oreos to the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs. Stir the crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Fold in the caramel bits and chopped Snickers. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then put in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Cake-N-Knife