Soft, buttery and so tender these Sour Cream Biscuits have only 3 ingredients and they melt in your mouth. The perfect accompaniment to any meal.
I learned a super important lesson the other day and that is to pay closer attention to emails. Apparently a couple weeks ago I received an email letting me know that my site’s server was being retired and I needed to migrate my site over to a new server by May 23rd.That date came and by the end of that day I had no access to my site. Oops, completely missed that email! Once we figured out what had happened, I called my extremely wise brother in a panic and he helped me get things switched over. There are still a few glitches on my site, so please bear with me.
Now let’s talk about something a little more exciting and delicious, these amazing Sour Cream Biscuits. They require 3 simple ingredients (ok, 5 if you don’t have self-rising flour) and are the easiest things to make. If you hate making biscuits because of the rolling and cutting, there is none here. Just scoop and plop into your muffin tin. Easy peasy.
My mom and dad raved about them the other night and told me I had to make them and that I’d want to eat the entire batch. They were so right. My mom got the recipe a few weeks ago from the newspaper.
Let me tell you a little bit about these biscuits. They are extremely tender, buttery, soft and basically melt in your mouth. There really is no reason to spread more butter on them since there is a whole stick in them, but the more butter, the better is what I say. Go big or go home, right?! Then drizzle some honey on them (or jam) and you may want to marry them♡.
The only thing I might consider doing differently is making 6 biscuits next time instead of 8 so they will be a little bigger. We happen to be biscuits lovers at our house and because these tiny little things are so stinking good, we agreed bigger would be even better! For those non-biscuit lovers out there, these will totally win you over! These are definitely going to be appearing weekly at our house.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- Grease 8 of the cups in a muffin tin. (Do only 6 if you want bigger biscuits)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sour cream. With a wooden spoon, add the flour and stir until well mixed. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Divide and scoop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-22 minutes or until the biscuits are brown on top.
- Serve warm with butter and honey (or jam).
- If you don’t have self-rising flour (which I never do) just whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Category: Breads