It’s already Friday. Where does the week go?
If you need a quick and delicious dinner, you’ve got to try this. Absolutely delicious! We all loved this and devoured it like there was no tomorrow.
Serve it with some good crusty French bread and a salad and you’ve got one fabulous meal.Print
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 1 can ((15 oz) tomato sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles ((I used No Yolks brand))
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions ((less to taste))
- 1 cup grates sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain the fat, and then add the tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, and then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook the egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add to the noodles and stir. Add the green onions and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, and then sprinkle on half the grated Cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese. Bake until all the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe source: Pioneer Woman