Spaghetti pie is basically all the deliciousness of spaghetti and lasagna combined into one. Delicious meat sauce, cheese, noodles . . . it’s total comfort food! It’s so simple and just plain scrumptious.
Raise your hand if you love spaghetti. Raise your other hand if you love pie. If both your hands went up, then I’ve got your back today because I’m sharing my recipe for this delicious Spaghetti Pie. It’s the best of both worlds; spaghetti and pie, only this one won’t be served à la mode!
Spaghetti pie. . . .it’s basically just a fun and fancier way to spaghetti. My boys love it, I love it and I know you will love it. This is total comfort good and is sure to put a smile on your face. This is so simple to make and you probably already have everything you need. No weird ingredients, just your basic stuff.
I’ve been meaning to share this for a long time but just kept forgetting. Then the other day when I asked Parker what I should make for dinner he immediately said spaghetti which in my mind translated into spaghetti pie. I was a little worried about what Parker might say because it wasn’t “normal spaghetti,” but he didn’t even complain. He devoured it and loved every bite.
I know, spaghetti noodles baked in a dish, it seems like it might be kind of boring, but I promise it’s not. It’s got layers going on like a lasagna, which is never a bad thing. This is one of those meals that you can throw together in no time and is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s the perfect meal to take to a neighbor because who isn’t going love this stuff?Print
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + extra for sprinkling (stuff in the green can)
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef and onion powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain any grease. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, sugar and pepper, simmer on low for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti, butter, 1 egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl beat the other egg, stir in cottage cheese and dried parsley, mix well. Spread over noodles.
- Evenly spread meat mixture on top of cottage cheese layer. Sprinkle genererously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pasta
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
Leave a Reply