- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + extra for sprinkling (stuff in the green can)
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef and onion powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain any grease. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, sugar and pepper, simmer on low for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti, butter, 1 egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl beat the other egg, stir in cottage cheese and dried parsley, mix well. Spread over noodles.
- Evenly spread meat mixture on top of cottage cheese layer. Sprinkle genererously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Pasta