A simple, delicious side dish. Strands of spaghetti squash with sour cream, grated cheese and sauted onion. Sooo good!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place face down in a microwave safe dish and put about about 1/4 inch of water in the dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave until squash is tender (about 14 to 16 minutes). Let cool for about 5 minutes and then using a fork, remove the strands of squash and put into a medium bowl, set aside.
- While squash is cooking, melt butter in a small skillet and add onion. Saute until onion is soft and transparent.
- To the cooked squash, add cooked onion, sour cream, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the grated cheese. Mix well and scoop into a buttered casserole dish or large pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American