Sweet, tender pork, delicious coconut rice and black beans topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and whatever else you’d like. . . This Instant Pot Sweet Pork & Coconut Rice Salad is seriously one of my most favorite meals ever!
We have been loving coconut rice lately at our house. Ever since I made this sticky chicken and coconut rice, I have been constantly thinking about what else I could make and serve coconut rice along side.
So when I saw this Sweet Pork and Coconut Rice Salad on @healthyhappyhome’s Instagram, I knew I had to make it.
You guys, this is seriously one of the easiest, most delicious meals you will ever make! I’ve made it twice now in the last couple weeks and it’s a fight for the leftovers.
Sweet pork, coconut rice (YUM!), black beans makeup the base of this salad. Then you finish it off with any and/or all of your favorite toppings. . . lettuce, tomatoes, tortilla strips, cilantro, ranch or Cafe Rio dressing, cheese . . . or whatever else your little heart desires.
CAN I MAKE THIS IN MY SLOW COOKER?
Yes, of course you can. Season the pork tenderloins with salt and pepper, add the brown sugar and salsa verde, cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily.
I honestly wish I had a big plate of this in front of me right now. I could inhale it in seconds and go back for more.
It’s healthy, packed with flavor, so simple to make and tastes amazing! You can also use it for burritos, enchiladas, nachos, tacos, quesadillas. The sky is the limit here. But I will say that the combination of the sweet pork and the coconut rice together is spot on and my favorite!
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE COCONUT, CAN I USE REGULAR RICE?
Yes you couldn’t use regular rice, but I promise you that even if you aren’t a fan of coconut, you will love the coconut rice. It’s a subtle flavor, sweet and so, so good. My son Zach isn’t a fan of coconut and loves this! Please just give the coconut rice a try, I think you will be glad you did!
I’d love to hear back from you if you give this a try. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 lbs total)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cups salsa verde (*See note)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup brown sugar (start with 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and heated
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (light or regular)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cotija cheese (or any cheese you’d like)
- Tortilla Strips
- Cafe Rio Dressing (or ranch is great too)
- Fresh cilantro
- Cut each tenderloin into two or three pieces. Season the pork with salt and pepper then place in your Instant Pot.
- Add the brown sugar and salsa verde to your Instant Pot and put lid on. Cook for 40 minutes using the meat/stew function.
- Let it do a natural release for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pork to shred it, then return it to the Instant Pot with all the juices. Add any salt and pepper if needed and more brown sugar if you want it a little sweeter.
- Assemble salads with a layer of rice, then pork, black beans and any desired toppings and dressings and enjoy!
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rice, coconut milk, water and salt to a low boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid is mostly evaporated. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork before serving.
- I love the Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde and use it 99% of the time in recipes. But when I made this pork the other day I was out and didn’t want to run to Trader Joe’s so I tried the Great Value Salsa Verde Cantina Style from Walmart and it was great!
Recipe Source: Pork from @healthyhappyhome Instagram account.