- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 lbs total)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cups salsa verde (*See note)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup brown sugar (start with 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and heated
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (light or regular)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cotija cheese (or any cheese you’d like)
- Tortilla Strips
- Cafe Rio Dressing (or ranch is great too)
- Fresh cilantro
- Cut each tenderloin into two or three pieces. Season the pork with salt and pepper then place in your Instant Pot.
- Add the brown sugar and salsa verde to your Instant Pot and put lid on. Cook for 40 minutes using the meat/stew function.
- Let it do a natural release for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pork to shred it, then return it to the Instant Pot with all the juices. Add any salt and pepper if needed and more brown sugar if you want it a little sweeter.
- Assemble salads with a layer of rice, then pork, black beans and any desired toppings and dressings and enjoy!
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rice, coconut milk, water and salt to a low boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid is mostly evaporated. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork before serving.
- I love the Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde and use it 99% of the time in recipes. But when I made this pork the other day I was out and didn’t want to run to Trader Joe’s so I tried the Great Value Salsa Verde Cantina Style from Walmart and it was great!
- Category: Salads