- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (16 oz) cannellini beans undrained
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans undrained
- 1 can pinto beans undrained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz. can) mixed with 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot sauce or Sriracha, optional
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips/strips
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker drizzle with olive oil.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours. When chicken is tender, remove to a plate and shred, return to slow cooker. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce or Sriracha, if desired.
- Garnish with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and chips.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Soups/Chili