- 2 pounds chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 1/2 cup mild salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4–1/3 cup Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (4 oz) mild diced green chillies
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh pineapple ((highly recommend!)
- Sour cream
- Place the chicken in your slow cooker then add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken can shred easily. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Mix the chicken back in the crockpot and allow to cook 30 more minutes. Taste and add additional hot wings sauce if desired.**
- Transfer chicken to a strainer and drain off any excess liquid.
- Serve chicken over rice or in tortillas, or as a salad, etc. with desired garnishes or whatever you’d like.
- I like this using the 1/3 cup wing sauce. I am sometimes a whimp about hot stuff and this was not too hot for me. But if you’re worried then start with a 1/4 cup and add more at the end of cooking if you want it to have a little bit more kick.
- Any of your favorite salsa will work I like to use Trader Joes pineapple salsa.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 360 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes