Take 5 Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with caramel bits, Take 5 Candy Bar and chocolate chips. They’re absolutely delicious and going to become an instant favorite!
I posted the recipe for these Take 5 Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies almost six years ago and decided they definitely needed a chance to shine again. So I’m giving these cookies some new life today with some much needed updated photos and a little time in the limelight.
Buttery, chewy, loaded with caramel bits, Take 5 Candy Bars (love them!) and chocolate chips, these cookies are honestly some of our favorite cookies ever! Oh, and the dough, well let’s just say I have zero self-control when I have a bowl it in front of me. It’s a miracle any dough balls even make it into the oven.
If you’ve never made these, you need to make them ASAP!
Original post . . . .
Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can’t believe it’s almost officially fall. I’m really not ready for summer to end, but fall baking is one of my favorite things. I love all the yummy pumpkin recipes and delicious warm soups. I can’t wait to share some of my favorites with you.
For a candy lover like me, that’s not such a good thing.
As I “browsed” up and down the Halloween candy isle the other day, somehow a bag of Take 5 candy bars ended up in my cart (along with a few other treats). I thought they might be good in cookies.
Turns out I was right. These are delicious. I took them to my mom’s birthday party the other night and they were a hit. My sister Lori ate one and then looked at me and said “Why did you have to make these?” and then reached for another one.
For those of you who have never had a Take 5, it’s layered with pretzels, caramel, peanut butter, peanuts and milk chocolate. Throw all that into a cookie with some added caramel bits and you’ve got one heck of a cookie. I love the sweet and salty combination these cookies have going on, I bet you will too.
The dough is addicting so if you are a cookie dough lover like myself, consider yourself warned.
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 fun-size Take 5 candy bars, chopped
- 3/4 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. Add chopped candy bar, caramel bits and chocolate chips and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside edge. Cool on cookies sheets for 2-3 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
Originally posted September 9, 2013