This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is comforting, hearty, and absolutely delicious! Eggs, sausage, cheese and tater tots all baked up into one fabulous casserole! You’re going to love this!
- 1 pound ground mild pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (28-32 ounce) bag extra-crispy frozen tater tots, thawed and divided
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped green onion
- Sour cream
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon sausage mixture into prepared pan. Add 2 cups tater tots and 1½ cups cheese, stirring to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture. Arrange remaining tater tots over filling.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake until golden brown and set, about 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onion and pepper, if desired.
- Category: Breakfast