I am loving skilet dinners lately. They are simple, quick and they dirty only one pan . . . doesn’t get any better than that.
This Tex- Mex macaroni and cheese was a hit with my boys. Serve it with a green salad and you’ve got yourself a delicious dinner.Print
- 1 onion (, chopped fine)
- 1 green bell pepper (, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 3 garlic cloves (, mined)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can ((15-ounce) tomato sauce)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can ((4.5 ounce) chopped green chiles)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (, minced)
- Cook onion, green pepper and oil in a 12-inch skillet, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili powder and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in beef, breaking up meat, cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and pasta. Cover and cook at a vigorous simmer, stirring often, until pasta is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in corn, chilies, and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over the top, cover and let sit until melted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Recipe Source: America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook