Fresh, simple and delicious, these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a healthy, delicious meal for any night of the week. You’ll want to make them over and over again.
I love fresh, simple and fast weeknight meals. I’m guessing most of you do too. I mean, who wouldn’t, right?
Well these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps thankfully fall into that category.
You guys, the wraps are delicious and I could eat them weekly and never get tired of them.
Delicious marinated chicken topped with cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, honey roasted peanuts, cilantro and whatever else you’d like all wrapped up in a big ol’ lettuce leaf.
If there is one of those toppings that isn’t your favorite, then just leave it off or sub it out for something else you love. Just look at how colorful and delicious that is. I love the crunch the peanuts add! I love to use honey roasted, but you can use dry roasted if you’d rather.
Oh and don’t forget to drizzle some more hoisin sauce on top because that just makes these even that much better!
One last thing, I’m super excited to announce that I am going to be a contributor over on Life in the Lofthouse. I have followed Holly’s blog for a long time now and was lucky enough to be picked as one of her new contributors on her site. She is absolutely darling and her recipes are fabulous! I’m thrilled to be able to share some of my recipes a few times a month on her site. Today I’m sharing a recipe for delicious Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I hope you check it out because the cookies (and dough) are amazing!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips*
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- 8 Whole Lettuce Leaves (see notes)
- 1 cup Thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup Julienne carrots
- 1 cup cucumber slices (or chopped)
- Honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving
- Hoisin sauce, for servings
- For the chicken and marinade: Whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, grated ginger, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar and garlic in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken strips and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, place one or two chicken strips in a lettuce leaf and pile on desired toppings (you can also chop the chicken into pieces if you’d rather). Drizzle with hoisin sauce and sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
- Chicken tenders also work great for these.
- I’ve used butter lettuce, green leave lettuce and Romaine, feel free to use whatever you’d like.
- You can also use bean sprouts and cooked rice noodles if you’d like for the toppings. Also, don’t feel like you need to measure out the exact measurements for the toppings. Just chop up whatever amount you think you will need.
- Category: Main Dishes
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Pioneer Woman – Food Network
These are unbelievably delicious! My husband claims they are better than anything he has ever had at any restaurant! He requested them 2 nights in a row!