We’ve got two full days of school under our belt and I’m happy to announce that Parker has survived. He still insists that school is dumb and he shouldn’t have to go, but I’m guessing a lot of 12-year boys feel the same way.
Tacos are a huge favorite at our house. I think I’ve mentioned before that Parker would eat at Taco Bell several times a week if he could and he is always wanting me to make tacos for dinner. I love them too because they’re simple, fast, so good and the options are endless.These Thai Chicken Tacos I made the other night were AH-MAZING you guys. I made them two nights in a row they were so good. The peanut sauce is what makes them so killer. Braydon, who is my pickiest eater, absolutely loved them and kept adding more peanut sauce to his. Oh, and the honey roasted peanuts are a must! The recipe called for unsalted peanuts, but honey roasted are definitely the way to go here, I pinky promise!
If you have the mindset that tacos are only meant to have Mexican flavors, you need to branch out and try these tacos, you absolutely won’t be sorry. Tacos Tuesdays just got even better!Print
The peanut sauce is truly what takes these tacos to the next level. Don’t be afraid of the sriracha in the sauce. It just gives it a slight, slight kick. nothing too hot. Also, the honey roasted peanuts are soo good on these tacos. It might seem weird, but just trust me when I tell you they make these tacos amazing.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- 4 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 1 Tbsp. peeled and minced ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic (, finely minced)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 4 to 5 Tbsp hot water ((or more if you want it thinner))
- Corn or Flour tortillas
- Shredded purple cabbage ((or coleslaw mix works great!))
- Shredded carrots
- Diced red bell peppers
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- Place your chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and pound them to about 1/2-inch thickness. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, fish sauce, sriracha, garlic, ginger, cilantro and green onions. Pour mixture over chicken in bag and seal bag. Put in refrigerator marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- To make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl add the peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce garlic, sriracha and hot water in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes then cut into strips or cubes.
- Assemble tacos my placing chicken on tortillas and then desired toppings then drizzle with the peanut sauce.
- Category: Main Course
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Cooking Classy