- 1 loaf french bread (, split lengthwise)
- 2 sticks butter ((salted), softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread one stick of softened butter on each half of the loaf.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until butter is melted and starting to soak into the bread.
- Crank on broiler and broil bread for 3 to 5 minutes, watching the whole time. Remove when butter has started to brown and blacken. Don’t under-broil it! The flavor is the best when the butter is deep, dark and almost black.
- Slice into strips and serve immediately.
- Category: Breads