These Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are just that. . . .thin, crispy, buttery and incredibly delicious. A nice change from your everyday thick & chewy cookie.
Knowing that, you might be wondering why in the heck I would even make thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies. I honestly don’t know what finally made me do it.
They’re clearly not thick.
They’re not soft and gooey and they’re totally crispy all the way through. Huh?!?
I think my curiosity finally got the best of me and I made them.
I loved them! They’re so good you guys and I can’t even believe I’m saying that.
I still prefer my “perfect” chocolate chip cookie over these, but I would never, ever turn down one of these cookies and yes, I will absolutely be making them again.
Have a great weekend.Print
The recipe said this makes 40 cookies, but I only got about 32 cookies out of it.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons butter ((melted and cooled))
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips ((I use half milk, half semisweet))
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl; set aside.
- In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Mix at at low speed until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Add yolk, milk, and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute.
- With mixer running on low speed, add dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined, Don’t overmix. Add chips and mix on low speed until distributed evenly throughout batter, about 5 seconds.
- Scoop dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon) prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 1 sheet at a time, until cookies are deep golden brown and flat, about 12 minutes (rotate sheets halfway through).
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool.