- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted coconut ((see notes))
- 1/2 cup toffee bits ((Heath or Skor))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and coconut extract, mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until it is just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut and toffee bits, stir until blended. (The cookie dough will be thick and fairly stiff). .
- Scoop dough (about 2 tbsp) onto cookie sheets, about 2″ apart. Bake for about 12 minutes or until cookies edges are barely golden brown. Let rest on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
My favorite way to toast coconut is to put it in a large skillet and cook it on the stovetop over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, cook it until it’s golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Another way is to heat the oven to 350°F and spread coconut evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.