These Toffee Bar Chocolate Chip Brownies are rich, dense and fudgy. They’re loaded with chopped Skor Candy Bar and chocolate chips and are definitely a chocolate/brownies lover’s dream come true.
I think it’s a pretty safe assumption to say that I eat something sweet every. single. day. I’m not to picky either when it comes to sweets, but anything with chocolate is usually my first choice.
If I had a pan of these Toffee Bar Chocolate Chip Brownies in my house right now, they would be my treat of choice today. These may be the best brownies I’ve ever had.
There are so many reasons I love these brownies and you will too!
They’re fudgy and dense, they have the crackly tops (a brownie must-have for me), they’re loaded with chocolate chips and Skor Candy Bar which I happen to looooove! They’re basically perfect if you ask me.
Just look at all the Skor Bar in those brownies . . . are they not the most scrumptious looking things ever?! Make sure you leave some big chunks when cutting your Skor bars. The bites with a those big pieces are insanely good!
Where do I buy unsweetened chocolate?
You can buy it down the baking aisle of almost any grocery store. I use the Baker’s brand. It comes in a box with a 4-ounce bar that is presegmented into ¼-ounce squares for easy breaking.
What is the best way to check if my brownies are done?
Insert a toothpick into the brownies an inch or so away from the very center. If the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, then the brownies are done. Do not overbake them. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of dry brownies.
Can I use Heath Bar instead of Skor Bar?
While I have nothing against Heath Bars, I have only made these brownies with Skor Bars and know how fantastic they are with the Skor Bars. I have proclaimed my love of Skor Candy bar before. I just think they’re so much better than Heath Bars. So my personal preference is Skor bars, but if you love Heath Bars more, then go for it.
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
Milk or semi-sweet will work perfectly for these brownies. It really is a matter of personal preference. Using milk chocolate chips will make these brownies a little sweeter, while semi-sweet will add a little deeper chocolate flavor and not as much sweetness. I usually use milk chocolate.
Other brownies recipes you might like to try:Print
These Toffee Bar Chocolate Chip Brownies are rich, dense and fudgy. They’re loaded with chopped Skor Candy Bar and chocolate chips and are definitely a chocolate lover’s dream come true.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 8 Skor Candy Bars (1.4 oz each), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt on medium speed until well combined. Add melted chocolate mixture and flour, mix on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the chopped Skor bar. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining candy bar on top and gently press in. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Don’t overbake!
- Transfer to a wire rack and cook completely before cutting.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy.
- Category: Brownies & Bars