Packed with chocolate chips and toffee bits, these Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars are phenomenal. Gooey, chocolatey, rich and utterly divine. So simple to make, these will become your go-to cookie bar.
Oh the drama that went on at my house on Monday was quite hilarious.
Take it from me, you don’t need daughters to have drama at your house!
I mentioned the other day that Parker DOES NOT want summer to be over and IS NOT ready to go back to school. Well Monday I finally went online to get his registration done so we could get his schedule. If I’d only known before hand the emotional havoc it was going to cause, I may have waited a few more days. I’ll just say he has a teacher that he is less than thrilled about having again and when he saw the name, you would have thought his life was over.
See, I don’t need girls, I’ve got Parker.
I really could have used one of these Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars on Monday, but unfortunately there weren’t any left.
Not only are the bars amazing, the dough is crazy delicious and I could have used a big spoonful (or three) on Monday.These bars are so simple to make. I took them to an open house over the weekend and they were a hit!
If you can’t wait to dive into these like I couldn’t, let me just say they are so fabulous warm! The melted toffee and chocolatey goodness, slightly crisp on the bottom . . oh my!!! They’ve got a slight crisp to them and the inside is chocolatey, gooey and so, so good. Also, if you’re feeling a little devilish, then put some vanilla ice cream on top and drizzle a little (or a lot) of chocolate sauce on top.
I think I’ve just convinced myself to go make another batch of these. Enjoy!
Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) Heath or Skor Toffee Bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a glass 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined. Mix in the toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Press into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes before cutting. These are delicious warm or completely cooled.
- I prefer Skor bits over Heath bits, but you haven’t been able to buy Skor bits for a long time now in the stores here anymore (at least not in Utah and I’m pretty sure no stores in the United States sell them). I’m lucky enough to still have some in my freezer that my friend picked up for me when she was in Canada so that is what I used. But Heath or Skor work just great.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
- Cuisine: American
Recipe Source: Cozy Country Living via Pinterest
Check out my videos on my YouTube Channel
Lori West says
Oh my goodness! These look amazing!
Making these today for my 3 boys! They are sure to love these for their after school snack on their first day of school!!
Hi Julie! I hope you loved them! You’re my kind of mom making treats for your boys on their first day of school. I hope they all had a great day!