These Triple Chip Cookies are buttery, slightly crispy & chewy and are loaded with three different kinds of chocolate chips. They’re completely delicious!
I’m sure you’ve come here today looking for a new recipe, but before we talk cookies, I want to get a little personal today.
My heart has been so sad this week after hearing about the passing of President Thomas S. Monson. He holds a really special place in my heart, and I will never forget the way he personally touched my family’s life several years ago.
President Monson played a special place in my Grandma’s life because of a few simple acts of kindness he showed her many, many years ago. She was an employee at an auto body shop where he was a customer and at that time he was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve at the time. Fast forward to April 2011 when my grandma was on Hospice after battling an infection caused by surgery. Knowing what President Monson meant to my grandma, my dad sent a letter to his office relating the situation and telling him how much receiving a note of comfort from him would mean to her. He had no idea what would come of it.
My grandma passed away on April 3, 2011. One day after her passing, my mom and her siblings were at my grandma’s home planning her funeral when there was a knock at her door. My uncle answered it to find President Monson standing there. He told him he had come to give my grandma a priesthood blessing. When he was told she had already passed away, President Monson didn’t leave, instead he sat down with my mom and her siblings and visited with them for about almost two hours.
My mom and her siblings will never forget that day and the incredible love and compassion President Monson showed them that afternoon.
President Monson lived a life of selfless, tireless service. I will forever be grateful for his example, his love, his stories and his guidance.
Ok, let’s talk Triple Chip Cookies now.
I am sure though that these are completely delicious and all my boys would agree 100%.
Buttery, soft, but slightly crispy, a little chewy, and packed with three kinds of chocolate chips.
What’s not to love?Print
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet. Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes, or until just barely starting to turn light golden brown on the edges. Let cool 3 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack.
Feel free to mix up the 2 cups of different chocolate chips. If you want more semi sweet and less milk, or less white and more milk, etc. go ahead do what tickles your fancy.
- Category: Cookies
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker