These Triple Layer Bars are out of this world good! A graham cracker crust followed by a gooey coconut layer and then topped with melted chocolate and peanut butter. What’s not to love?
Today I’m updating an old recipe that I posted over 9 years ago. I’m guessing that most of you didn’t even know these Triple Layer Bars existed and that is NOT ok! These bars are drool worthy and absolutely deserve a chance to shine again in the spotlight.
It’s funny how even when I am super busy and have a million things to do, I ALWAYS manage to find time to bake something.
I just can’t help it.
These Triple Layer Bars . . . there aren’t even any words for how much I love them. If you’re a fan of anything coconut, trust me, you’re going to love these bars. On the same note, if you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, you’ll also love these bars.
I feel like it’s my duty to give you fair warning that you will need to run several miles and/or do A LOT of jumping jacks and burpees if you make these bars. Because they’re seriously addicting, and if you’re like me, you will not be able to stop at just one.
These bars are are gooey and rich . . . . a buttery graham cracker crust, followed by a layer of coconut and sweetened condensed milk (♡♡) and then topped with a melted chocolate chips and peanut butter. . . completely spectacular!
What you will need:
- graham cracker crumbs
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- creamy peanut butter
Semisweet or milk chocolate chips?
It’s definitely a personal preference here. Semisweet will make these bars a little less sweet, where milk chocolate will make them a little sweeter side. You could also do a mixture of both. I have have always used milk, but think they would be just as delicious with semisweet.
It’s a no brainer that if a recipe involves sweetened condensed milk, I’m going to love it! You know that line from the movie Jerry Maguire where Renee Zellweger’s character says, “shut up, you had me at hello”? My line would be “shut up, you had me at sweetened condensed milk” (lol)! So send any and all recipes you have involving sweetened condensed milk, haha!
You need these bars in your life!Print
Triple Layer Bars
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 to 20 bars 1x
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and sprinkle evenly with coconut. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut layer. Carefully spread if necessary.
- Bake 15 more minute. Place on a cooling rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook for 1 minute and stir until smooth. If needed, cook for 15 more seconds and then stir until smooth.
- Pour on top of bars and spread evenly. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until chocolate is completely set. Cut into bars. Store or room temp or in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Eagle Brand
Originally posted August 2, 2013
Thank you for posting. I love anything coconut. I have everything to make and will be doing tomorrow
Let me know what you think! Thanks Michelle!