This Twice Baked Potato Casserole has all the delicious flavors of a twice baked potato, but in a quick and simple casserole form. It’s loaded with sour cream, grated cheese and bacon. . .what’s not to love? Definitely comfort food at its best.
This Twice Baked Potato Casserole is going to be the perfect addition to your Easter dinner or any meal.
It’s all the yumminesss of twice baked potatos, but in casserole form. It’s incredibly easy to make and is absolutely delicious.
We love twice baked potatoes! In fact, if I made them weekly, my boys would think I was the coolest mom ever.
So I made a casserole version and may I just say it was a fabulous idea.
My boys finished dinner and while they were doing the dishes they kept sticking their forks in the pan eating more potatoes. My husband was doing the same thing. Every time I looked over one of them was snitching a few more potatoes. Josh wasn’t home when we ate, and he was just lucky there was even any left.
Everyone inhaled these potatoes.
I can’t really blame any of us.
Potatoes smothered in sour cream, cheese, bacon, melted butter. . . holy moly what’s not to love?
I’ve seen a lot of recipes for twice baked potato casseroles where you still have to do the whole scooping, mashing rigamarole, which is what I was trying to avoid.
If you’re looking for a new side dish for your Easter dinner, then you’ve come to the right place. This is really the perfect side for any meal.Print
- 5 medium russet potatoes, baked and cooled (3 to 3 1/2 pounds of potatoes)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk and pour over potatoes. Next pour melted butter over then top with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and take off foil and sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.